Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted on Craigslist:

1970 Mercury Cougar<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Jun 9, 2012 ... 1970 Mercury Cougar RX-7. Has a 351 Windzer engine, and power steering and brakes. Light yellow with black racing stripe and green leather ...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Really - I'm surprised - they have been popping up frequently on CL --- not as rare as we once thought! ;>0

·
Registered
242 Posts
The 351 Windzer is a great eng those head can be used on a 302 eng were the 351 Cleaveland can not I beleave, and what is RX-7 only RX-7 i know of is a Mazda

·
Registered
245 Posts
The 351 Windzer is a great eng those head can be used on a 302 eng were the 351 Cleaveland can not I beleave, and what is RX-7 only RX-7 i know of is a Mazda
The 351 Windsor heads can be used on the 302 and 289, but they have a larger combustion chamber, which lowers compression ratio. Though the Windsor heads posess larger valves and ports for improved flow, the lower ratio makes it a wash. The Cleveland heads can be used on the other small block Fords with a little modification and a special intake manifold to make a "Clevor".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts