Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week i got to meet one of our own. i meet up with ragcat.great guy!!.. i can't wait to see his interior mods when he is done. thats going to be one nice vert!!i had a great time talking cougars,since i'm fairy new to cougars i learned alot.ragcat took me to see a nice 70 cougar he onced owned, that was cool cept i about drug the belly out from under my mach in his drive way, lol. anyways just wanted to say thanks to ragcat!!!
and my 2nd good news is. we bought another cougar yesterday. can you see a pattern starting here? lol... it's an 1989 XR7 ,all black,supercharged 3.8,auto,leather,independent rear,4 wheel disc needs some cosmetic work and a few other small things but a really sweet car. Miss jaceqq is going to be the fastest english teacher in town! Her new cougar will make a nice stable mate to the 87 thunderbird turbocoupe we bought last month :0),her 1970 cougar,my 70 mach1,our 84 GT-Turbo mustang,88 t-bird. etc etc.. well you get the picture lol .
just wanted to share.. have a good a sfe day jace

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Cool. I have a couple members from the Forum here in my area too. Haven't met them in person yet. Will be soon. Great people here!!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Members in person

They aren't all they are cracked up to be sixt9coug won't leave me alone. J/K
Actually at the 2002 West Nats I met a couple of the members of mc.net
texrep comes to mind because he had his own name tag with texrep written on it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ive met a few people from here actually. well, Garey was one of the first i met. couldnt get away fast enough after that though :D. but then there was OC_Cougar ( dont come around no more ) TexRep met at the nats, TimB , Steve Eitzen and a few others as well. ill most likely meet a few more this year hitting the show rounds.

oh yeah, Garey, did i say that tranny plug was from a Towncar or a Toyota? he he

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I miss having cheezeberger pizza with Steve E and Gary W on my trips to Silicon Valley but I really miss sitting around Stang-it with Ron Johnson

Some day soon I hope I'll get to meet a whole bunch more of you folks and we can chew the fat while I introduce y'all to vegemite. Hopefully 2004 when I can do East Coast, West Coast Nationals, and Prowl with a slight side tripe to Plano, Dallas, Austin, Flagtaff and Vegas

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
XR7GT,

Texrep had the nametag because I was running around nametagging all of the board members I could identify. Remember, we thought of the Hawaiian shirt deal for the 2002 West Nats. I was running around asking everyone in a Hawaiian shirt what their Mercurycougar.net name was. Most people looked at me like I was crazy. They may be right! Most of them had never heard of this message board, so I ended up spending half my time getting the word out to the uninformed Cougar owners out there.

California, sheesh! :rolleyes:

Milo

·
Contributing Member
11 Posts
Leon, sounds like a good idea to me.

And as for the rest of you,
I think you can stop with the meeting each other stories,
besides, I don't think you would enjoy each other's company anyway, NOT.

I know, I know jealousy is a curse, :cry:
oh well, but you never know I might meet some of you one day :)

Bye for now,
Chris.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
*blush*

I suppose that if I ever attended a SCCC meeting (and get that count over 50!) I might meet some of you guys/gals, eh? :redface:

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
TallCowboy,
We don't bite
Milo,
I do remember the Hawaiian Shirts, the official shirt right?
The problem was most wore them to the awards banquet and not the show.
Hey Leon,
You are more than welcome to stay with our family if need be.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
i tell ya.
I met a few from florida .Mark piechowski,bruce wallace,phil n nancy elder,steve weir,barry margolis jim n jason broady,ray opthiof and a bunch more. It feels good that we all enjoy the same hobby.When you talk to them on the computer its good but nothing like meeting em in person.
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
XR7GT,

The only problem we had with the Hawaiian shirt idea is that, unbeknownst to me, Hawaiian shirts are the casual wear of choice out in Cali. That meant that we didn't stick out in the crowd. Maybe three-piece suits would stick out better in Cali, eh?

I suppose we mercurycougar.net members can still go Hawaiian and stick out in other parts of the country. I'll be wearing mine to the big all-Ford swap meet in Columbus OH this weekend, and I'll have an even more garish one to wear by next year's East Nats.

Hey, what about a standardized mc.net Hawaiian shirt? We could all wear matching Hawaiian shirts with the mc.net logo, white pants (or shorts) and Don Ho sunglasses... Geeze, did I just type that? Man, I gotta lay off that pineapple rum and fruit punch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts