Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ron Francis

I need to redo the wiring in my 69 cat, so i looked around and asked around. I asked my shop teacher and he told me Ron Francis makes a lot of different harnesses for older cars. So i checked it out, and it's $440 for a wiring harness. To me it seems like a lot for a harness because a universal is like $260. Does anyone know if the Ron Francis kits are worth the money?

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
you should be able to find it on ebay for a better price. they will be used ofcorse but that does not mean unusable. Is yours a standard or XR7? also in 69 they made a running change mid year and you will need to make sure you get the correct one by model and early or late.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got an XR7 born in early december. I thought about doing used, but i wouldn't trust if off e-bay. I know the president of the cougar club here in SD, but he hasn't been able to find me anything. So i figured i'll get all new wiring so i don't have to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
hi, welcome to the site, dont mean to be dense, but what was the purpose of this post :)

Rick

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bad

i meant to reply to my own but i accidentally hit new thread instead of reply.
But i was posting about Ron Francis Wiring Kits, what does anyone know about them?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
they are more for the street rod crowd, try painless wiring, or make your own, or at least try and fix yours. Then there's ebay option. $440. is alot of money for a harness I think, you can make one just as nice for 1/3 that, if not less.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts