Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Cat to the paint shop this weekend. Should have it back by the 10th. Royal Plum Pearl Metallic :lol2: After over a year, I can hardly wait. I had the car completely apart except for the engine compartment. When it comes back I stillhave the chrome, lights, latches, emblems, etc., but the end is in sight!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
post some pictures so we can share in the excitement.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
This is a rush. I just got mine done about a month ago and it is a thrill to have it look like a whole car again.

Have fun.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Royal Plum Pearl
Hey that colour sounds so cool, you gotta send us a picture, I am starting to miss my 'metallic purple'. My car should be home by Friday, also can't wait, she has been gone since July, we went and did some work on her this evening, just helping put the bumpers back on and stuff, nothing that really needed our help but.....................!
Took some photos but the colour came out black, artificial light did nothing for it, so will have to wait till she is out in the sun, the colour is a deepish blue/deepish purple - micropearl, changes colour all the time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
72cat- that color sounds so cool. I thought about it, but it was cost prohibitive. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will when I get mine back.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
If I can figure out how to post pictures I will when I get mine back.
If you've got a digital and the pics are on your computer:-
Go to the browse box at the bottom of the 'Post reply' page, click, then all your files will pop up, get the picture and click 'ok', but first off make sure that it is not bigger than 102kb's, you will proberly have to go into your 'photo software' and resize it to about 540 pixels.

If you've scanned the pictures in, make sure they are saved as jpg's, or gif's, you may have to resize them as well, I found it was easy to do that in paint before I got any photo software, you just reduce the size of the pic in paint, then 'save as' a jpg or whatever.

If you were to buy the paint I've got it would cost you US$187.00, but then theres the shipping etc.

:D

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Good to hear one's coming home. Mine should be back in a month, after 6 months apart. Will be "Rainforest Green Pearl Metallic". Wow what a mouthfull. Will post pics when it's back.

Steve

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I GET MINE BACK IN 13 hours time, then we hit the road to a Car thing upcountry.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Ours is back.:) :D :grin34:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts