Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the cat rollin for the first time in about 8mo. It feels good to be able to drive it again. I just went out for a quick brake test down the street. Tomorrow morning I will take it in for an alignment.

I updated my site with the final suspenion/brake pics.

http://www.socalcougar.com

Click on Suspension, then Page 3.

I have to say that it is way more fun to drive without power steering.

- Austin

·
Registered
866 Posts
Looks like you did a really nice job! The car looks great!

On my 69 XR7 I have those "articulated strut rods" with the rubber bushings on the front and back, bolted onto a bracket on the frame. Thought they didn't use those after 67.

Chris

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
umm, so when you gonna rebuild my cars front end??

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 69 XR7 I have those "articulated strut rods" with the rubber bushings on the front and back, bolted onto a bracket on the frame. Thought they didn't use those after 67.
Thats wierd. I have always heard it was only for 67. Maybe yours were rebuilt with the 67 stuff?

umm, so when you gonna rebuild my cars front end??
Just as soon as you drop off that 9" rear on my front porch. :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bad news update...

well, I spent 5 hours at the local alignment shop and they couldnt get it aligned. I got the picture that they did not know this type of suspension well. I gave them the alignment specs from my shop manual. They said that the specs were right on, but it would pull to the right, and when we got back from the test drive, the specs had changed out of alignment.

I have a hunch that my manual steering adapter might need to be unthreaded a few turns. I dunno. I think that I will call a local Ford resto place and find out who in town does their alignments.
What a pita!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts