Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 7 months I was able to fire up my 390.it was only for 5 or 6 seconds but I agree with Rick,nothin sounds better than a healthy 390 revving up.I'm waiting for my stainless gas lines so I can run it for longer,but after sitting that long it surprised me it fired up so quickly.once the gas got to the carb 2 turns at it roared to life,man I missed that sound.now the fan is rubbing on the shroud,something new to contend with.

Terry

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
thats totally awesome Terry. Congrats man. :D On my fairlane, I have a 17in. flex fan I think, I'll measure it tomorrow, and its original. Clutch fans are bloody expensive around here, so I wont be getting one soon. I do need a new fan though, 1 of the blades is kinda bent.

Happy day for you. :D

Rick

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great Terry! Have you worked on the fuel pump situation?
A 390 does sound sweet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping it was a hole in the gas line letting it suck in air an popping the diaphram.I just picked up my stainless gas lines.custom bent for both pieces $185.now if the weather would co-operate I can get them in and let the neighbours hear it.all I hear is the rice burners up and down the street.

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts