Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it's not a Cougar but...it is unique. My buddies Fairlane that I've more or less rebuilt over the course of the last several years. New motor from FE Specialties in Sacramento, in a word...Wow. Tons of grunt, new gears and locker, shed a whole bunch of weight over the winter. This thing was marching at the top of 4th gear, 130 mph at the end of the drag strip down into 7 and into 11. Check it out if ya'll get the chance...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFP5Su8rIbg

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
bad ass! nothing like a big block fairlane or galaxie on the track! its home to them!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That looks like fun.
Cool car.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
What's he using for brakes?
Re: The pass @ 1:27, Always wait for a point by.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's got Wilwood 13x1.10's in the front with 4 piston calipers, Porterfield carbon pads up front and drum in the rear....definetly needs more brake now..
The pass....open passing day unless you had a dot on the back. Still, just move over or better yet hold your line, don't take your foot off the gas and step on the brake...yikes.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Nah, Andy, that FE sounds like 1/4 ton of FUN!

Nice vid. I think I saw at one point you were chasing after a friend of mine (Army buddy of my daughter and son-in-law) in his white late-model Mustang; left him a note on FB asking if he was running last weekend.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Okay, so it's a Windsor - no problem! The "FE Specialties" motor shop threw me off.

Yeah, Nick's been over at the Army Language School in Monterrey for almost a year, now; and has been spending a lot of his time (and money) at Infineon and Laguna Seca. White '07 Mustang GT, somewhat "modified" in back; he lifted at the wrong point in a corner at LS.
I've been following his "car-cam" videos and looking for your Cougar on the replays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts