Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out taking a bike ride with the kids today and I went around a corner less than a half mile from my house and there is an open garage with a 69 Cougar Convertible in it! The owner was standing on the driveway so needless to say we had a long visit. He has owned his Cougar for 22 years and I have owned mine for 25. He does not go on to this forum due to lack of time but it was great to meet a fellow 69 convertible owner right down the street. What are the odds.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
That is cool, I have not even seen another cougar around this area let alone know someone with one. And with your neighbor having the same year that will really help if either of you have questions.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Not a cougar but one of my neighbors has an awesome restored 67 mercury monterey that showed up right after i got the cougar.... then the guy across the street from him got a good solid 'cuda he's restoring....then theres the guy between us that has a 53 Chevy Bel Air and a 73 or so Impala 2 door. And to put some icing on the classic car cake, my next door neighbor is still looking for the perfect 60s Fairlane for whatever reason....

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Barney sounds like a great neighborhood to live in. Help and advice all over! Also competition to see who can get theirs the best!

·
Registered
389 Posts
yeah...cant complain too much... lots of similiar interests.. when i bought my 07 tundra, i was the first one out here to have one, and when i traded it last week theres a total of 5 on my street alone haha. boats = same way. we were one of the first boat owners out here when we built in feb of 06...we got the boat in june of 06 it was all alone...but now on my street there are at least 5 boats in garages and i know of two neighbors who store theirs off site. (one of those boats is a 454 jet drive boat that shoots a massive rooster tail haha)

helps alot that my next door neighbor is a body shop co owner out here... i borrow his engine hoist to pull my motor out of the cougar...and he's always coming over shooting the bull talking about what we need to do to it as i tinker on it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The street I just moved onto in March has allot of classic car owners like Barney.

I have the 67 Cougar, house behind me has a 1960's Mercury Van, next door has the F250 Highboy, across the street is looking for his Impala Convertible, next to him has a 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, Next to him has a 66' Mustang, 2 down from him has a Mopar in the garage but I can't tell what it is under the cover, and around the corner has a 56' Bel Air, and there is a few more but can't remember what they are.

I am in one of the classic car capitals of British Columbia on the boarder of an area called Cloverdale and another called Langley. Every weekend in the summer between these two areas there is a few little Cruise In's or local car shows put on by a neighbourhood pubs or the townships.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Just met a guy that lives around the corner from me at a cruise in last week - he has an awesome Cabriolet and a garage full of toys! Mostly he's a Ford guy so we hit it off! He used to hang out at the same race track as I did growing up too! (I just bought the house 4 months ago...) back then I was a die hard Mopar fan though...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'll have to start paying attention and peering in garages around here and see what I see. As far as I know no one around this area has anything, would be nice to have someone local to kick it with about the cars. Course all yall on here make up the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts