Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 70 Cougar XR7 i just bought that is being shipped from arizona was advertised as having a 351W. I just got a phone call from desert vally auto and he re-informed me that it is a 351C 4V
WooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!
2000$ for the whole rust free car.
now i have two 351C. but the one i have now is a 2V.

i had to tell somebody

PS... Anyone ever put late model mustang seats in a old cougar?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey,

I have put late model seats in my cougar. It's a 68 with seats from a junkyard 80 mustang. They fit without any mods, and they are very comfortable since they have high backs, and headrests on them. If I can get a hold of a digital camera I will post a picture of them.
;)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seats

cool deal
mine are out of the 89 5.0 i sold last saturday. they should be the same as the 80. they are comfy, the head rest is very high with power lumbar and adjustable side bolsters. I will need to die or reupolster them 'cause red seats in a blue interior might clash

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Good deal on the 351C.

My friend put new Honda CRX seats in his 69 Mustang last year. He had to modify the tracks abit (not sure how) and they are very comfy, and look like they belong. To bad I love my seats and they are in awesome shape, or I just might change. They dont fit right in the Fairlane so they stay in the Cougar, yahoooo.

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I put 94 mustang GT seats in badcatt(yellow 70 std.) All I had to do was inlongate the holes in the 70 seat tracks. Then they just bolted in. Neal.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Bowl - Sounds like a sweet deal. Dont forget to post some pics when you get the car.

Stray Cat -
Escondido? Thats where I'm at. What yr/color is your cat? maybe I have seen it around... For pics of mine see link to my site below.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi CrazyCat,

Nice to know I'm not the only one from Escondido. My cougar is a 68 standard, and right now it is white, but this summer I'm hoping to paint it a dark blue. I think I have seen you driving around before. Do you go to Cruisin Grand on Fridays? if so then I will see you there. It is a really great place for people that want to show off their muscle cars, and classics.
:)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Stray,
Yea I go to crusin grand almost every week. My cat has been out of comission for the past 8 months. Right now I am trying to find time to finish rebuilding the front suspension. I have all of the parts, just need time.

As soon as I finish I will take it down to grand. See you there.
(I checked for your pics, but they are still pending)

-Austin

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
desert valley cougar

the 70 xr7 might arrive tonight from arizona (arizoner on the east coast) here in richmond texas. if not tomorrow morning, if so will be very late to work. I dont have pics of it but you can still se it for a while at:
www.dvap.com
go to cars then ford then mercury.
they have a lot of nice cars, rust free. good parts too.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last night

the 70 XR7 showed up last night, all the way from Arizona.
it is sweet. But. It is missing some small interior items, like the center section on the console, but it might be inthe trunk or something, i havent had time to really go over it yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts