·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FE-390-4V. It's a C9ZE 9425-B

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Technically it is called a 390IP, Improved Performance. The runners on that intake manifold appear to be smaller than the "S" intakes.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that wouldn't be a "medium riser" one then Scott? I see somebody selling one of those but doesn't have a pic or part number....just wondering which one might be ultimately the best and or correct (Not that losing the weight and going aluminum isn't the better choice) just in case later on if I sell - it's as correct as I can get it.....even if I don't run it.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
The C9ZE... intake manifold is the correct numbered manifold for the 1969 S code cars.

Royce could say what kind of riser it is, definitely LoPo rather than HiPo.

There are so many unique and expensive parts to collect for a factory 1969 S code.

Heat shield, air cleaner base, air cleaner snorkel, lid, numbered Autolite carburetor, radiator fan and clutch, etc. this is a short list and it adds up to over $1500.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - that's what I was afraid of. I'll keep plugging away piece by piece. I'm in no hurry. I can get it going with what I have and collect stuff slowly to get it where I want it. Thanks!

·
Registered
564 Posts
The C9ZE is a one year only and can be tough to find the right date. As Scott said the GT was only the car not the engine by 1969. The 69 IP like all S, Q and R code heads are the Low Riser config. An aftermarket RPM. PI or CJ cast would be a nice improvement for a 390 with some cam and headers..oh don't forget some gears like a 3.50 wakes em up

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL - Thanks Monty! I was hoping to come up with the same scenario at some point ;>0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts