Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there, or was there ever a "pad" for the 67 console ashtray or different style?

Although it's probably a pre production picture, is there, or was there ever a "pad" for the 67 console ashtray or different style? As you can see by the photo, it looks like either the console "pad" extends all the way back or there was a "pad" for the ashtray. Curious, but I think it looks cleaner and better.
001.jpg

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Re: Is there, or was there ever a "pad" for the 67 console ashtray or different style

Good point and interesting pic. I never noticed that "pad" sticking up on center console in a standard 67.

I'm going with you on the pre production.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: Is there, or was there ever a "pad" for the 67 console ashtray or different style

I have both console pads which were available for '67. Neither have a padded ashtray cover.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Although it's probably a pre production picture, is there, or was there ever a "pad" for the 67 console ashtray or different style? As you can see by the photo, it looks like either the console "pad" extends all the way back or there was a "pad" for the ashtray. Curious, but I think it looks cleaner and better.
View attachment 29834
I would think that if any were so equipped, it'd be the first eight 'Show Cars' produced, Serial Numbers 500001-500008. I wonder how many of those eight had consoles?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

I would think that if any were so equipped, it'd be the first eight 'Show Cars' produced, Serial Numbers 500001-500008. I wonder how many of those eight had consoles?
Looking in my May/June 2007 issue of LFM, Cougar #1 has a console with the pad on top. The picture of it is shot from an angle where the back part of the drivers seat blocks part of the console, so I can't see if there is a pad on top of the ashtray like on the pic that Kusaywa posted. John

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Both console pads? Can you post a picture of them? I'm curious as to the differences. THANKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts