Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in acquiring a '68 Cougar XR7 with the 390 S-code engine. But, since I'm a newbie in this area, and don't want to bore everyone with inane questions, I'd like to read up on this car first.

What is a good source book for what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Books..

If your looking for any type of stats, "Cougar by the Numbers" is a good one, published by Kevin Marti, (The man who knows.)
Actually anything published by Kevin is good reading. there is a link to him at this site on the links page.
By the way WELCOME! to the most informative Cougar site that I know of.
I have an S-code Eliminator, and all my questions are answered right here.
shane:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I will tell you what i was told the day i joined uncle sams boy scouts, the only question that is considered stupid or inane is the one not asked. So welcome and ask away heck most of us top posters dont mind helping... thats why were top posters. And for every question you ask there is probably a group of people afraid to do so and your helping out. so what if it has been answered 1000 times you dont know it right and that is all that matters. never worry about it no one on here has ever been berated for asking and i hope it stays that way. this is a great bunch of people. but good places to visit arelocate through here and the cougar club of americas site. books are found at amozon or my favorite http://www.motorbooks.com/

·
Contributing Member
5,867 Posts
The 68 Facts and Features manual available from AutoKrafters, Johns Classic Cougars or the other vendors is a good place to start. It details the 68 model range and the options

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
try the pdf discs off ebay that are the factory shop manuals

1 - 6 of 6 Posts