Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Is it a 69 or a 70? Yes it is....wow talk about identity crisis...It looks like he had a 69 standard and a 70 xr7 and combined the two...you are right to stay away from this one unless you can get it for 10k and just want to drive it....Not the most attractive color combo either IMHO...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also read in the discription that it is a fastback. WHAAAAT???

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
The VIN listed is a 69 XR-7 out of the San Jose plant 9R93H502250. Door tag is for sure a 69. Some one did a fairly nice job bulding a 1970 Cougar XR-7 clone. But the ignition switch is in hte wrong place.
Edit, As nice as it may be, it is not a $24,000 Cougar.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The question is: Why? There can't be any value added here. Either the person who built it didn't know what was what (seems unlikely, given the apparent quality of the build) or they had parts of two cars and made something they wanted. It is now just like any other custom as far as the market is concerned.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
The question is: Why? There can't be any value added here. Either the person who built it didn't know what was what (seems unlikely, given the apparent quality of the build) or they had parts of two cars and made something they wanted. It is now just like any other custom as far as the market is concerned.
I have to agree, This car is not, IMO worth as much as it would have been if done with the 69 parts on it. Or if it were the correctly done 70 351 4V XR-7. But can be a fun Cougar to drive if priced rite. I would not go more then may be 5 to 6K. Some one may pay more. some not that much. Of corse I would have to go look it over before paying a dime. I did send the Dealer selling it a note. Will see what I get back, if any thing.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Evidently if you give it a big enough glossy magazine style write up it increases value dramatically!! LOL as the song goes...."never gonna get it, never gonna get it"

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I recieved a response. And it was not telling me to go jump off a cliff.
Thank you for your comment and I think you are right

Visit us at www.streetsideclassics.com

Have a great day!

Matthew Riley | Store Manager-Atlanta

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wow - that is the most mixed up 1969 to 1970 Cougar I have ever seen!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Also, under Vehicle Features & Options, it says it's Numbers Matching. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts