Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions please... is CCOA worth the money, as opposed (or in addition) to regional club membership?

Understand that I know my Mustangs pretty well, and I'm a member of the MCA. The vast majority of my Cougar related questions can be answered by this board or my Mustang friends.

With my car came a few copies of "At The Sign of the Cat" from 1986... very primitive, but certainly things will have improved quality-wise since then.

So, what will membership in CCOA do for me? Or (in my case anyway), is it a luxury at best?

·
11,000 Posts
The CCOA is worth joining in my opinion. There is strength in numbers and the value of our cats is dependent to some extent on the availability of information, parts and a place to meet and show the cars. If you join the CCOA you meet a whole new group of enthusiasts that may or may not be some of the ones on this web site. While the CCOA has its problems, the same can be said of any large organization. It will be always impossible to completely satisfy everyone in a group of this size but everyone benefits from it.

You have to attend at least one CCOA national event with your car, show worthy or not, you will have a great time.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I just joined CCOA and received my membership stuff in the mail. Obviously, I felt that the cost was justified. My reasoning for joining was exactly as Royce stated - I wanted to have contacts within the Cat community as well as trying to attend a nationals event. Any group that has existed for over 20 years has to be doing something right.

I brought 68 KAT to a local car show last spring and it was the only Cougar there among 200 cars. No one to talk Cougars with - everyone was asking ME about them!

Granted this website is fabulous with all of the information we can share, but there is no substitute for a sunny day, a parking lot full of cool Cats and your favorite refreshment...

Ken

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I am not a dues-paying member of any Cougar club at the moment, though I hope that will change in the future. My opinion, 66, is that you have some amount of responsibility to other Cougar owners. You state that you have some knowledge of Cougars/ Mustangs already, why not add your knowledge to the pool of CCOA's existing knowledge? I know, it seems weird to pay for that privilege, but you're really paying for the privilege of sharing knowledge (give some here, get some there).
Just MHO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been a member of the CCOA for about 20 years and several different Cougars. I don't think the dues are excessive. The newsletters have improved alot from what they had way back. I used attended all the East Nationals from '88 to about '95 and kids have changed how often I can attend but I still enjoy seeing the pics and there is good info in the newsletters. CCOA #2101

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I haven't joined yet. But I have a CCOA t-shirt and just ordered 3 calendars (and have last years), so I'm supporting them one way or another;-) I've reported my Cougar's VIN, as I hope everyone has.

All the clubs can be expensive after awhile! $25 for the CCSD local, $35 for another local car/social club, $30 for the LCOC (Lincoln Continental Owner's Club, for the Mark III, haven't renewed in years) (LOD Lincolns of Distinction for the Mark VIII haven't joined yet) Plus the classic car magazines!

Oh well, might as well join them too LOL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts