Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reason I ask is I am trying to prevent frame twist on this car and am looking at 6 to 8 point roll cages. Right now is prime time as the entire interior is in my garage attic.
In my cage searches I find very few references to Cougars, but many Mustang listings. It would be nice if they were the same. I can build one from a generic kit but I would like to find one 'pre-engineered' so I don't spend a lot of time re-inventing the wheel. Thank you all for your help.
Tim

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
From the radiator support to the front rear leaf spring eye the Mustang and Cougar are the same. From there on back, the Cougar is longer. So the front angle bars are the same, the main hoop is the same... Just the bars that go from the hoop back would be longer - BUT, the ones in the Mustang 'kit' are probably long enough anyway.

You'll also want to install weld-in subframe connectors if you're welding in a rollbar. There are several threads here on MC.net that show members' subframe connectors. See the link to my gallery below to see what I did to mine...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts