Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
The answer is yes

I just bought a 68 from an old freind in St Louis, been garaged the last 15 or so years, hasn't started in the last 12. I have it back up and running now, no damage to drivetrain from sitting. My freind was drag racing at St Louis International with it in the late 1980's, ran mid thirteens. I live up near Waterloo-Cedar Falls.

Ron.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I live in Central City, Iowa. I am on my 3rd 1968 cougar. First one was a 68 standard, second was a 68 XR7, and now I have a 68 Hertz XR7-G. Got to keep trading up to get the good ones.
Joe

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live in Masonville (Manchester Area) and manage a body shop in Cedar Rapids. I had a 67 about 10 years ago and just recently sold my 93 vert stang and purchased another 67. The engine and trans are done and it is the most solid stock body I have ever seen on any unibody ford product from the 60's.
It also has a ford crate motor, edelbrock allum rpm's, allum intake, ceramic headers.........etc.
I am enjoying my new winter project!
Kevin
PS central city guy, I think we proly have some mutual aquaintances.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Welcome aboard, sold my 92 limited edition mustang, 69 mach 1 cj and ranger(302 conversion) to help fund my 68 xr7-G. Well been to Humbolt and Fort Dodge does that count for anything? As you will soon see you have picked a great place to hang out MCN that is.............. Jon

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Is this Heaven?...................

No..... It's just Iowa!!!!

Hey Joe, thanks for the pictures of your G. I think mine will eventually go back to Yellow also!

Z

·
Registered
16 Posts
to all of you fellow "cat" guys from Iowa mark this date.....Sunday
June 6....AppleValley MN.....AppleValley Ford's big "Ford" show..... There are always "Cougar" guys there.....I plan on having at least one or two of the "Eliminators" there....If any of you can find
LeMars you can find the "catshack"... Take care it's going to warm
up....I promise.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
I see a orange 67 here around Cedar Falls, Ia from time to time.... the guy must work down in Traer at Traer Manufacturing.... I see it in the parking lot down there too. I havn't had the opportunity to flag him down yet. I also see a guy from up around Rochester, MN at the drag strip with his 67.... very fast..... 460, 10's on the motor alone. I'm still running a small block, although I have preserved my matching numbers 302 for putting my car back "civilian" in the next year or two.... I bought a 62 Falcon for my "real" race car that will get the back half, full cage thing....I'm currently 11.3's at 118 mph in the quarter with a 3250 lb 68 std, all stock frame, front end, rear leaf springs, all interior but the carpet, headliner, and the lower piece of the back seat. I have the headliner, the lower back seat, and the interior quarter trim panels to go back in here in the very near future.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ronzoni,
i have been to Cedar Falls in the past. i ran my `47 Ford coupe(black primer/302) there a couple of times on a TNT day last year. what color is your Cougar? i think i saw it down there.
gasmanlg

·
Registered
216 Posts
gasmanlg,

Mine is a medium blue metallic with a black eliminator hood scoop.... Mine has Weld 5 hole rims and Hoosier quick time DOT slicks.

The guy from Rochester is Scott Winter?? His is a really dark green with a black vinyl top.

I'm trying to think of your car......

Ron.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My`47 coupe is black primer w/ orange vinyl flames on the hood. I think I saw your Cougar at the 4th Street Cruise in Waterloo about two years ago.
I live in Mason City, work for O'Reilly Auto Parts.
Do you know of any `67 Cougars in your area FOR SALE?
Call me if you do or if you just want swap stories --- (641) 423 - 5852

gasmnalg

·
Registered
29 Posts
yo, another one here from iowa. sounds like i'm an oddball with a "newer" cougar (89).

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Originally From Iowa.....

Does this count?

I am originally from Iowa. Gowrie in Webster County. Used to "shag the drag" in Fort Dodge all of the time. That was way back when. Graduated from Prairie Community H.S. I think they changed their name to Prairie Valley or something silly like that. Definitely isn't a valley around those parts!

Good luck!

Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys, we are located here in mitchellville, Ia. about 20 miles east of Des Moines. Also 20 miles west of the new Iowa Speedway. When I get my 69 vert done I know I will be making lots of trips over there. (already been asked to have her in some track parades when it is finished)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm gonna have to meet some of you guys from the area sometime. I don't know a lot about cars and am just getting into it and I bet I could learn a lot. I've already learned ten fold (probably 100 fold!) what I knew about Cougars before just from joining this message board! Yay common interests!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts