Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got some outdoor shots tonight. Man this turn-key Cougar Stuff is the way to go! I've been having so much fun tweaking and cleaning and buffin' and tinkering..a LOT less pressure when there's no deadline for a sale or when I can't drive. This Green Monster has been a joy to drive and has run flawlessly ever since arrival from Michigan.

Got another professional detailing done last weekend. That's the ticket. I got some good work done, but my local expert is just so much better. He made this tired old paint look half way respectable!

It doesn't show too well because I have the motor running and the headlamps covers are being pulled down really tight, but the bugger actually lines up very straight up front! I bought the new rubber pads and bolts for adjusting (from WCCC) and believe it or not, they weren't even necessary. When the motor is off, they are really very straight..

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interior..

It's the best feature

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree the interior is sweet. You need to add reproduction black cougar floor mats from the Mustang Unlimited Cougar catalogue. They are the only current source, and lucky for you that they only offer black.

I am glad your Pride of Cats is doing well.

Gavin

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree the interior is sweet. You need to add reproduction black cougar floor mats from the Mustang Unlimited Cougar catalogue. They are the only current source, and lucky for you that they only offer black.

I am glad your Pride of Cats is doing well.

Gavin

Oh Sheesh, Gavin! You're the reason I took the camera outside in the first place, and I forgot all about my first mission!

sorry..I'll get on it ;)

Oh, and you're right..but I've got some floormats arranged. I was actually dryin out the carpet because I just gave it a scrubbing. I'll have to check out the mats. I'd not seen them.

b

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
MU has not had mats in years. Keep in mind MU buys all specific COUGAR parts from us Cougar vendors (except for 67-8 valances). WCCC and JCC will have mats back in stock (after a long hiatus) soon. Shortly after, MU and others will have them as well.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
I know you just got the car and are tinkering with it little by little. But the P.O. created a fashion "faux paus" by putting raised white lettered tires on spoked wheel hubcaps. :1poke:

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I'm not really feeling the hubcaps......The rest of the car is very cool indeed!

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh Man..those look terrible on this monitor at the office..yikes! lighting lighting lighting.

Yeah, the hubcaps aren't my favorite (especially with the tires the way they are) but they're the originals, so I've talked myself into likin' em.

For now ;)

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are the license plates given some kind of a message. Michigan Coming Oregon going?
Hehe..something like that.

I'm very proud to have that original '71 Michigan plate. That is the last year that it was registered and driven..a good conversation starter at cruize ins and shows. Now all I need is a big white Block Spartan head or an "S" to slap on the window! (That green is very much like Michigan State Spartan Green)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Here in Michigan, you can get license plates that sponsor the state universities. MSU has the giant green "S" as a prefix to any vanity message you care to have. I've always invisioned an MSU plate with the vanity message "CODE"

I just love it.........

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Brian, the car looks very nice. After seeing the pic of your interior in the 2nd post, I started to wonder about the emblem on the door sill scuff plate. Could you tell me when you have time what it says. I see it at least says FORD on it, but does it say anything else like maybe Product Of FORD or Product By FORD. Thanks John :)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Awesome car, Brian.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Brian, the car looks very nice. After seeing the pic of your interior in the 2nd post, I started to wonder about the emblem on the door sill scuff plate. Could you tell me when you have time what it says. I see it at least says FORD on it, but does it say anything else like maybe Product Of FORD or Product By FORD. Thanks John :)
I'd bet my life on it being just "FORD" as in the repops, John..but now that I think about it, I'm anxious to get home and check it out! I'm sure there are lots and lots of originals around. EDIT..Guess what? I'd be dead! It says "Product Of" over the Blue Ford Oval..How did I forget that!?? Wow, I can't beleive I didn't realize that the repops were pretty easily distinguished. I'd better polish up these nice scuff plates.

Having said that-I also have a brand new, from the dealer, set of keys for this car that have never been used. The original owner sent them to me last week. I was really curious what they were.. Another EDIT** These don't fit. They must be for the '74 Granada!

Might have to start another thread, that could be an interesting subject ;)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I'd bet my life on it being just "FORD" as in the repops, John..but now that I think about it, I'm anxious to get home and check it out! I'm sure there are lots and lots of originals around. EDIT..Guess what? I'd be dead! It says "Product Of" over the Blue Ford Oval..How did I forget that!?? Wow, I can't beleive I didn't realize that the repops were pretty easily distinguished. I'd better polish up these nice scuff plates.

Having said that-I also have a brand new, from the dealer, set of keys for this car that have never been used. The original owner sent them to me last week. I was really curious what they were.. Another EDIT** These don't fit. They must be for the '74 Granada!

Might have to start another thread, that could be an interesting subject ;)
Thanks for checking for me Brian. The reason why I wanted to know about the emblem was I bought the repops from Don awhile back that say "Product Of" over the Blue Ford Oval and then later I found my original scuff plates and the emblems just have the Blue Ford Oval on it! I guess there is a difference between the '67-'68 emblem. LOL John

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
MU has not had mats in years. Keep in mind MU buys all specific COUGAR parts from us Cougar vendors (except for 67-8 valances). WCCC and JCC will have mats back in stock (after a long hiatus) soon. Shortly after, MU and others will have them as well.
Don, will these rubber mats come in a variety of colors besides Black? Thanks John

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for checking for me Brian. The reason why I wanted to know about the emblem was I bought the repops from Don awhile back that say "Product Of" over the Blue Ford Oval and then later I found my original scuff plates and the emblems just have the Blue Ford Oval on it! I guess there is a difference between the '67-'68 emblem. LOL John
I'm starting to remember some of this stuff..very cool how the '67 is marked. My scuff plates are really nice. I'll have to pay some cleaning/polishing attention to them and snap a photo or two of the center emblem. They are really unmarked and shiny, still! It appears that they are somehow magically embossed/attached into the plate, not sure how they did that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts