Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After joining this web-board a few years ago, it seemed there was only one or two classic cougar owner/aficionados in the Charleston, SC area.

Fastforward a few years and we few local cat owners have managed to find each other through local car shows and this wonderful website. We have started an informal cougar club, tenatively called the Lowcountry Cougar Club.

We had our first meeting a couple weeks ago. We look forward to the prospect of sharing and enjoying hands-on cougar knowledge and appreciation.

Since we are so small, we don't have any immediate plans to be chartered by major clubs, i.e. CCOA, MOA, AACA, etc. but we are looking for guidance in this respect, should we choose to be affiliated with a national organization in the future.

We welcome classic cougar fans in the Charleston/Lowcountry area, and even beyond to join us in our new endeavor. :wave:

Please PM me, or post on this thread for more info.

Thanks,

Matt Gillespie
Lowcountry Cougar Club

·
Registered
227 Posts
I always vacation in Charleston SC every year. Folly Beach to be exact. This is cool. Now I might have more reason to come visit other than the beach, maybe a cougar show or two.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5150:

Look us up if you are in town. Perhaps a future goal of the Club would be to host a regional show here.

The draw of Charleston as a tourist destination is incredible. No spouse or not-so-interested-in-cars family member would go away unhappy, I guarantee it.:)

·
Registered
645 Posts
You could hook up with the FastGM guys in Charleston. Even with Cougars being Mercurys they probably wouldnt mind you rollin with them..lol. they used to meet at the old Sams club parkin lot on Rivers, across from Pep Boys at 6 pm every first and 3rd Saturday of the month.

If you get to know MrDude/Travis he can help you with a website/forum if you are so inclined. Good friend of mine.. They never cared when i would drive my Fords to the meets, and car people are usually good people. You wont find the BS like in the SMAF down there.. Anyway, just a way to connect with people that I know are good people..

·
Registered
227 Posts
5150:

Look us up if you are in town. Perhaps a future goal of the Club would be to host a regional show here.

The draw of Charleston as a tourist destination is incredible. No spouse or not-so-interested-in-cars family member would go away unhappy, I guarantee it.:)
I should be there on the third week of july. I think its the 14th thru the 21st. I always try to vacation down that way. I have to do the sticky fingers stop every time in town. So far I have done the downtown location and the Mt Pleasant location. Good stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts