Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations of who has the best service, price and quality for the following interior items for a 71 XR7 in white.

Seat uph
Door panels
Headliner

Quickly finding that its more difficult to do these compared to Mustangs :( Currently redoing a C code 71 for a daily driver... using a 68 California Special currently.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
oh, it may not seem like a big deal when you start but when you realize how much is different between these two cars it gets annoying sometimes. hell i went to Mustang Country out in paramount and bought a gasket for the rear view mirror, door handles and the lock cylinders. i got home and guess what?? none of them fit. so i went back and founf that all of them ( except the lock cylonders ) were Cougar specific parts. grrr. well i got the rear view mirror gasket but found that they didnt regularly carry the Cougar door handle gaskets. so i would have to order them if i wanted. ehh, i just scraped the overspray off of the ones i had and slapped them back on. thats the fun of the Cougar. harder to find, but dammit they are unique. for parts ive only really dealt with Autokrafters and they have been good. delivery took longer than i would have liked, but the parts they have fit the first time and all the time. they should have the upholstry that you are looking for. as well. welcome aboard by the way!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I personally have dealt with autokrafter,johns classic cougars,and kens cougars an they all have the upholstery which you seek just prices may be diffrent. I had my 73XR7 seats redone at kens adn the upholstery ran about 550-600 dollars for all of it. Hope this info helps you out in some way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts