Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A newbie question - on my 68 there are no c pillar interior lights. I wanted to confirm these were standard equipment. I'm guessing the PO either lost or did not bother to replace them when he had the new headliner put on. Thanks

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My 68 STD does not have the lights either. But my PO also had the headliner replaced... my.02

Don

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
hey evil........ cool emoticon

What are you trying to say ????:1poke: :eek2: :dogpile: :chain: :finger: :finger: :zap:

just wondering

Don

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, not the answer I was hoping to get so I guess I will add them as the courtesy lights do not cut at night. Thanks all.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
just wondering here too... does the wiring harness in the Standards come equipped with the pigtails and such for the decor lights?? i saw a map light ( above the glove box ) on Ebay a few months ago that i almost bought, but i dont want to have to rewire it all to get it to work. same question for the rear C pillar lights. i took the sail panel trim off and saw that there is a relief for the bezel, but didnt notice if there was a pigtail for the light itself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my 68 did not have the pig tail. but it does have the wire running back. what I did was just splice into the wire.. I belive it was black with a blue stripe...then ran the ground to one of the screws that hold on the light itself.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
sixt9, that wireing job is easy. The originals pluged in to the courtesy lights under the dash and ran under the sill plates back up and over the rear wheel house. All you have to do is run the wire down one side if you want and then run it from one side to the other. They ground to the body right by the light itself.mm

·
Registered
216 Posts
My 68 std did not come with them either, but the wiring is in place to just plug them in right behind where the light mounts. The pigtail is taped back against the harness, pointing towards the trunk. I'll make another post if they end up working.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts