Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience to share regarding interior door panels; full replacement panels and overlay panels? I need to replace the drivers side interior door panel on my 71 standard convertible and the cost difference between new/repop and overlay panels is significant.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
You can get them to look OK but they will always feel like plastic. Have you considered reproduction 71-73 Mustang door panels? I think they look better and the pull strap will never break like the budget Cougar straps that are so hard to find. keep in mind if you buy repro 71-73 Cougar door panels they only come in the xr7 version and your chrome trim will not fit.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i thought someone was doing 67/68 xr7 panels---a good upolstery shop should be to stitch some panels that look ok--i put new panels under my orig upholstery--they look ok
doctordesoto

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
How bout 1970 style door panels, is it easier to redo them over the old cardboard or just have them custum made.
Im still hunting down A very very nice white interior for a 70 convertible. I have all of this projects,but they are dingy.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts