Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the interior color of my cat. i want to know what the best way is to go about doing it. Currently i have parchment interior and i want to change it to black. One thing i want to know is if there are any places that sell seat covers that just slip over the existing ones, because i dont want to put all new seat covers on. What about dying the color? I have heard of people doing it I just want to know how one would go about doing it. THanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interior

I changed 2 Chevelle Interiors from Parchment to Black. One I dyed and the other I just went ahead and bought the replacement parts in black (I was doing a total restore). Original replacement seat covers aren't that difficult to do and don't cost too much, of course if you're on a budget you can get generic covers at most any parts store. Either way I'd recommend covering rather than dying the seats.I bought my dye at an automotive paint supply and it works pretty well on most parts as long as you THOROUGHLY clean the parts and follow directions. Again, the seats are a little tougher because they receive so much wear and tear. Just my two cents, I'm sure there's many others out there with more experience than me.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
If it's in good shape , just dye it... some where on this site talks about it.... but I'm just to tired to look..........:(

Don

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
WHATS WRONG WITH PARCHMENT

I like the color. Maybe you should just keep the original color interior parts and find a wrecked donor car for the black stuff. You may want to at some time go back to the original color or sell the car and a prospective buyer may want to restore it and buy it only with the original interior. Either way, it's something to think about.!;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts