1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yes, that is a Ram Air setup. Probably added as the engine is listed as a 351. Still, it's a nice setup. John

·
Registered
200 Posts
Prior to taking my Cougar all apart for a full restoration, I had a 351W 4v with a functional chrome CJ ram air hood scoop. Of course the car never came like this but it was a cool added feature.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Big John, good to see you back! Sal Nice find for this area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did you chrome the ram air or did it come that way? How did it look? Hard to tell as your photo is so close up. I have a ram air setup on my GT that needs to be cleaned up. I was planning paint, but the idea of chroming it has me intrigued.

Colin

Prior to taking my Cougar all apart for a full restoration, I had a 351W 4v with a functional chrome CJ ram air hood scoop. Of course the car never came like this but it was a cool added feature.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you chrome the ram air or did it come that way? How did it look? Hard to tell as your photo is so close up. I have a ram air setup on my GT that needs to be cleaned up. I was planning paint, but the idea of chroming it has me intrigued.

Colin
The previous owner had it sent out for chrome way back in 1990. They originally came with a blue base and the top piece was black. This is all I got for an engine photo before I took it all apart. It was a pretty cool centre piece to look at under the hood. I'm now going for collector plates but will still keep it and pop it on every now and then when I'm not showing the car at shows for a different engine look. My picture above was taken when the engine was running hence the ram air flipper was closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts