Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Hmmmm? I suppose - can you get it to suck in any carb cleaner though? might be something else leaking..? I'd think a clevo would more likely leak water somewhere - oil looks good I take it?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mike- oil looks good, not milky, nothing leaking on the block or the floor....I was going to try the carb cleaner trick tonight, have to stop by Advanced Auto, I thought that I had some in the garage, but the can was empty...I must be turning into a hoarder and keeping empty cans for something. It just sounds like air leaking on the passenger side...all new vacuum lines...it just has me stumped.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Clevelands have a 'dry' intake, meaning no water passes through it, so no chance for water leaks! Yes, you can have a vacuum leak, either to the outside where you can see it or inside towards the lifer valley where you can't. That's why I like to use the metal tub-style gasket -- its impossible to get pushed out of place when installing the intake manifold.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Ohh - that's right they are dry....good point on the tub - I think they get got tossed back in the day fairly frequently

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be soooooo happy if this works! I have done the following and it still acts like a leaker, new vacuum advance module, new thermostat, new vacuum hoses, new anti freeze and a bottle of water wetter, new ported vacuum switch, new thermostat temp sending unit, new carb base gasket...now I am getting down to "it has to be the intake gaskets"....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
water wetter!! LOL I bought a box of powdered water once.............I din't know what to add? ;>0

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Powdered water?!?...must have been military water rations.... :) Now I am wondering how they got the "powdered water" out of the water buffalo... it proabably caused dry skin and would have been a b!tch to shave with...HA!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts