Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much about my car that is not original that I don't really see the point in staying with the 2 barrel carb, so I'm swapping the intake manifold and going 4 barrel.

I've been looking at the edelbrock performer rpm air-gap but am worried about clearance issues. Has anyone tried this?

Does anyone have some suggestions for a manifold with the higher rpm range for the 289?

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
To start with, you need to match your heads, intake manifold and cam. Can you tells us about what has been done and your plans?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I´m running a Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake on a 68 302, with a Performer carb, also have a carb spacer on it, and a walking cat air cleaner, and i have no clearance issues on my car, had a 3 inch tall air cleaner on it earlier without car spacer, also without clearance issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Running pretty stock right now aside from exhaust and distributor/wires... Planned to go piece-by-piece. Beginning with the carb and intake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I´m running a Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake on a 68 302, with a Performer carb, also have a carb spacer on it, and a walking cat air cleaner, and i have no clearance issues on my car, had a 3 inch tall air cleaner on it earlier without car spacer, also without clearance issues.
Awesome. That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts