Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a search for this but didn't find any extremely useful topics...has anyone installed power windows into a crank-style setup? I would really like to have pw's if it isn't a massive task. Do they sell kits? I remember seeing something a while back in some street rod mag where there were power window kits for certain cars that hooked up to the crank so that a tap of the crank one way or the other would activate the windows, thus maintaining the stock appearance. Any info/help?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
The switch will work i will find it tomarrow if someone else does not it is in all my rod magas but the problem will be the window regulator and motor. the lifts in the magazines are great for my 57 bbird or any flat window street rod but wont work with a curved window as our cougars. you will need to get origanl style lifts but i am planning on doing the same with the switch motor thats why i have all the info at home but am at work tonight till 2 am so it will have to wait. But it is very trick and you get to keep your door panels stock.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on. I would appreciate any and all info you could provide me with. :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
You could get a kit that does not require you to change the window regulator. Check the pic out and you can see how the circular geared portion slips over the crank sprocket. The only drawback is that your crank sprocket sticks out a bit. (comes with a cover though) These kind of kits are cake to install.

SPAL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weee! Do I have to order from a catalog or online or what? I don't see an order form...Thanks for the info man!! Much appreciated!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
as usual leon being in tomarrow land beat me to it but autoloc is the place.:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Alex,
You should be able to special order the SPAL stuff from the nearest Circuit City car stereo installation. If you get an idiot, ask to speak to the Roadshop manager or have them check their big ass special order book.
I was a sales/install manager four years ago and then we could order from SPAL.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, thanks a lot. Any idea of a rough estimate on how much I can expect to pay for this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts