Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I landed a free performance radiator. When I say performance I mean thats its an aftermarket, extra large capacity, 4 row, aluminum. The original owner of my car had it laying around and gave it to me.
My current radiator, the stocker, is clogged a bit and well i'm debating whether I should just have it professionally cleaned and unclogged or just install the other radiator.
Now here's my dilemma, that radiator is thicker and hits the fan, seems to be the same length. Has anybody installed an aftermarket radiator and what did you do to install.
This is on my 69 cougar with factory a/c, thanks!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
pictures would be most helpful , i know in one of my threads, i have pictures of my all aluminum a/m circle track radiator. i am going to cut the back side of the core support to get the clearance i need to make it fit with my mark8 electric fan .

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'll take pics as soon as I get home. Thought about the mark viii efan but still debating... had that on my 91 xr7.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I forget what the part is called (the shaft behind fan) but you can get a shorter one from Jegs or any other parts place. I have a 4 row radiator in my 69 and thats the route the p/o went with mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts