Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the factory install specs on hood scoop for example hole location and size and placement of the scoop itself

thanks ART
"vallejo used to b a good town"

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If the scoop is original look under the hood and youll see holes in the center, those are the holes for the hood scoop location.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm putting one on my 70 as well, its in the body shop now. You can see the punch outs in the support frame under the sheet metal. I measured my buddies 69 428CJ factory scoop location at the rear middle of scoop to rear middle hood and it was 2 5/8" IIRC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip and i thought i knew cougars , duh, anyways with the new scoop installed what keeps any debris or water from being sucked down the face opening of the scoop ?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
One good way to make sure you have your holes properly lined up, is to: mount the screws into the scoop, and gently place it on the hood. Then,
use a few lengths of string, across the hood. Left to right, front to back. Where the strings meet under the studs, mark that exact spot with tape. Then drill.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Somebody makes a template for the ram air cut out and the locations of the holes.Can't remember where I saw it...maybe Ebay??
Check with WCCC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts