Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of your support guys. Just curious if anyone has the wiring digram for a 68 xr7 inst. panel If so please send it my way.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am in the same boat with you. None of my int lights work, but all my ext works. Anyway, I just bought a 68 factory schematic off of ebay that the guy said wasn't sure if it covered the XR7 or not, as he just happened upon it. He said it was very big and had alot of info. So, if it comes to help me out, I'll let you know and try to make you a copy. I should get it next week sometime.

·
11,000 Posts
The '67 and '68 XR-7 wiring diagrams were inadvertantly omitted from all Fomoco wiring diagrams. I have a set of them that can be faxed. If there is a way to post them on this forum it would allow anyone to print them, how about it Logan?

Royce

·
11,000 Posts
Well?

·
Registered
151 Posts
So are you saying that the schematics/diagrams I bought more than likely do not contain the XR7 specific wiring?

·
11,000 Posts
I have never seen any for sale by a vendor that contained the 67 - 68 wiring diagram.

This subject has come up several times over the years, it came up on the Yahoo forum six months ago and I faxed and mailed hard copies to a dozen people. To avoid doing that forever it would be nice if we could post the schematic here or on some other site to allow people to print it at will. It is too big a file to scan and email and I am not competent with Adobe files.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
There is a download section here. It would be nice if we could "store" things like your wiring diagram for people to download. I have sent my PS and steering box adjustment info to more people than I can remember. Vacuum diagams would be another big hit. Nothing fancy, just what color goes where. I have not seen a Cougar vacuum diagram from a vendor yet. And I own 2 Osbourne Repros.

Logan?
Rick?
Chris?

BTW - If you want your wiring diagram converted to Adobe for portability I can do it for you. Just email me a copy, or if you want to post mail it I can scan and convert it for you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does anyone have a junk one? I can follow it it out and make a diagram. It seams to be in High enough demand for the trouble.

·
11,000 Posts
We don't need to draw the diagrams, I have them. We need a place to store them on this site to be able to allow everyone to use them or print them.

I also have a set of original vacuum schematics for 1968, they are in a huge 24 " X 18" shop binder. I don't know how they could be made smaller, maybe I need to have Kinko's make copies and sell them. They contain schematics for the headlights, tilt column and heater / air conditioning system plus cruise control.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
stay tuned, its coming. When Royce send them to Logan, logan will make them available for all 67 and 68 owners. It may be a PDF format, another way to help everyone out :)

Thanx alot Royce for the diagrams.

Rick

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Thanks Royce, and everyone involved with being able to make this happen. I, too could use this very soon!!

Thanks again,

Mark

·
11,000 Posts
OK I sent a Paper Port (.MAX) scan to Logan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts