Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its me again i am going to drop in my engine tonight.any last words of advise the only one i know is make sure the torque converter matches with the flywheel but thats it. i have the book but i rather hear from you guys.after i drop i need to time it any help there?plus any onther help thats guys im only going to drop it in nothing else.and i will check if ther are any reponse later,that way sunday am i can get the cat on the road again..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Navarro - hard to offer any advice because you did not say what all was done to the engine. I remeber you got the heads done so I assume you adjusted the rockers correctly. remeber to fill the tc with tranny fluid and make sure it seats properly.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Just remember to take it slow, double check every connection and bolt. Dont forget the ground strap from motor to firewall, have a friend with you to check for leaks and problems when it fires up (hard to check that stuff by yourself), only use water (no antifreeze) until you know there are no leaks and problems, then add after it's running fine. Make sure your battery is charged and the cables are new or real good. Good luck and have fun. Be safe.

Rick

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MORE INFO

Here is more info i rebulit the engine which is a 302 tok the whole engine out painted the engine compartment and tied up all the loose wires.so i got the engine in today i will connect the tranny and cnverter but i still need advise when i am ready to fire her up like timing? right know the rotor is facing the#1 piston but remember i still have to turn the car over to put on the torque converter and so will this chang anything.so expert advise from you guys thanks i wilpost pictures later:1zhelp:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts