·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Bill,
Wht did he do to make the car trackable??? Could not tell by the video but did he ever go hard on the brakes? Looks like he coasted into most corners. What does that car have in it??? It sounds great.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
It corners like no other cougar i've ever been in. It's Bill's car, stroked windsor. I'm sure Bill is driving.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morning,

Zoli, the car has a few "old school" mods. I've lowered it, mods on upper arms, spindles, xmember,... Brakes are original but we use Carbon kevlar pads. Tires are Hoosher TD. Motor is a 69 351 Windsor and a T5 speed.

The day was very cool and the tires take a few laps to come up to temp. Then there was a car stopped on the infield so we hardly had a chance to "open it up". First time at this track for me. Kinda short, tough transitions, but an awesome place.

I'm looking into a in-car cam, so anybody out there have/tried any of these? The audio sucked w/ this one, and no way to adjust input volume...

I'll post next years schedule once I get it. I invite anyone to come on out and join us. I'll try to take you around the track for a few laps!

Jeff, HPR is waiting for you..

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very nice, The audio does suck but I put up with it any way best I could. You just got to hear the engine when watching a video like this. From what I can tell the exhaust sounds sweet. Whats the exhaust BTW.

Bill

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
It was nice seeing you pass the Porsche, Mini, Tesla and MG.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To answer a few questions:

Wonderwrench- The exhaust starts w/ FPA headers, 2 1/2" pipe/ balance tube, and flowmaster 2 chamber w/ dump tips right after mufflers. The motor is full roller, and accounts for some of the sound.

The cars in the pics were all on the track except the lambo. All were driven pretty hard, and the Gt spun in the corkscrew. Those big tire sure scream a lot!!

Jim, I'm off the check on your vid's

Thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
GREAT video Bill and love the sound of your cat, really great man! Pike's Peak, right? We drove up that on one of those "get in the car - go far" vacations of my youth with my family.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The S2K crowd seems to like using this camera. I have no first hand experience with it but seems reasonable.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The S2K crowd seems to like using this camera. I have no first hand experience with it but seems reasonable.
I know two people that bought it and tossed it aside. They are both using the same camera that I use. The problem with the Hero camera is that it has no view screen, so you have no clue what you are actually shooting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts