Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of course who the hell hasnt had this problem with their coug. My lights dimm, battery light comes on, and loses power at High RPM (about 4k-7k). I have the 2.5 duratec. Im looking for some pics or some help to locate this IMRC i need to clean out because im sure its nasty as all hell, also need to clean secondary valve? im going to remove the cat and hollow it out very soon and see if that helps first. but if not im sure i need to begin cleaning these intake manifold parts. if anyone has pics or a link to a thread already about cleaning it please let me know.
In a nut shell i need to know where it is and tips on removing it and cleaning it (whatever it is i need to clean)
thanks, Zak

·
Registered
389 Posts
i'd start by lookin at a forum for those year model little cars...this is for the original "classic" muscle car back when the cougar was a performance/luxury car.... good luck.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
:evil:Wonder if you could try some hairball medicine?!

yeah best bet is to hit up the site dedicated to those. The newer intakes take a fair amount of know how to get them done correctly and it varies from car to car as well. Good luck. I did one on my sister's Pontiac a few years ago and I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy! Sold that POS about 4 months later when the same problem cropped back up.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts