Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The location of the Cougar Nationals has been moved a short distance down the coast of New Jersey to The Grand Hotel and Convention Center in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Our new location is right on the beach, and will be a great location for both the show and any family members who would prefer to be entertained by something other than Cougars (Why they would want to do that I don't know, but I've been told some do). We will have a secure parking lot for use only by Cougars. This new location has some great advantages, including a bar by the pool overlooking the beach for all to meet friday evening. There is also an indoor bar and restaurant at the hotel. We were forced to look at making a change when we were informed by the Clarion in West Atlantic City that they would be landing military helicopters in the parking lot we were using for the show on saturday morning. The Clarion was about 6 miles from the beach. The new hotel is right there! For those traveling from the south, the trip is the same milage. For those coming from the north the trip is a little longer. If you are looking to gamble in Atlantic City, it is still close by. The room rates have not changed. We have negotiated a lower cost for children for the banquet. Updated information should be on the CCNJ website at www.ccnjonline.com in a few days. Please register early and we hope to see many of you there June 27-29. Volunteer judges are need. Please contact Paul Damato if you are willing to volunteer as a judge-No experience necessary.

Steve Polansky Paul Damato
[email protected] [email protected]
856-795-6779 973-366-8341

The Cougar Club of New Jersey
www.ccnjonline.com

·
11,000 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
This from the Yahoo Cougar site:

Lyle, Phil and everyone else planning on attending the 2003 Nationals:

Steve Polansky and I (we are the co chairmen of the CCNJ Nationals comittee)
were alerted to this information as we were about to send the signed contract
back along with the deposit.

At this point in time we are NOT having the Nationals at this hotel and do NOT
recommend that anyone make reservations with them.

When I have more time I will post to the list more of the details involved. We
are looking for yet another site to host the Nationals. When this is over and
done with I will:
1) Write a book on how NOT to find a hotel.
2) Drink myself into a stupor.

Sorry to be putting everyone interested in the Nationals through this. We will
have an alternate site picked out shortly.

Paul Damato
Co Chariman Nationals
Cougar Club of New Jersey

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to personally thank Barry Zortman for bringing the problems with the Grand Hotel to our attention. Needless to say Barry's call ruined my monday, and most of the week, but saved the show. Helpful and constructive input is always appreciated. Over the years I have found some of the most helpful responses to issues on the list are those I receive in private emails in response to a post. We had looked into the property in november before the state action. Fortunately Barry called before we had signed the contract, or paid any money. As Paul Damato said to me, we have been extremely lucky, since we learned of the problems with both this and the original property at an early date, rather than in june as we all arrived. Because of the work of CCNJ members in november and december, we have at least 4 or 5 properties with major chains who are still interested in having the show at their property. The dates will remain june 27 to june 29. The CCNJ is meeting sunday, and I will bring everyone up to date sometime next week.

Steve Polansky Paul Damato
co-chair co-chair
856-795-6779 973-366-8341

Cougar Club of New Jersey
www.ccnjonline.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts