Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to sort this car out, but being so far away from the US is damm hard. Anyway, can anyone help? My 74 XR7 is leaking water badly in to the doors from the window. I'm trying to find, firstly the name of the seal associated with door window and anywhere i can buy one from. If anyone can help, that would be great, thanx.

John

·
Registered
408 Posts
John

The americans call the door seals "weatherstripping". That should help. There will be other ford products from 74 that use the same stripping. Try mustang or thunderbird vendors.

Johns classic cougars are very helpful too.

I may be wrong........but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Window Felt

It's commonly referred to as "window felt," and would be ordered as "driver side window felt" or "passenger side window felt."

You may be able to get what you need from AutoKrafters or John's Classic Cougars .

Although they handles parts from 1967-73, the felts for the '74 may be similar, or if not, maybe they can direct you to the source.

Good luck...

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Whenever I've ordered these pieces, the vendors referred to it as a "beltline" kit. I'm sure using any of these descriptions will get you what you'll need... assuming pieces for a '74 could be had.

Good Luck!!

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts