Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Cougar today! Its a 1968 XR-7 with a 302 4v. It needs some work but that's one reason I bought it, so I could fix it up.
I don't think I'd classify this car as a restoration project but I deffinetly have plans to make it a nice looking Cougar that is fun to drive. :)

I'm sure I'll have some questions for you guys as I get more into the car.

Rock on!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on your new Cougar

You've chosen wisely.

I've got a 67 standard and 68 XR7 sitting here waiting for me to get some more work coming in so I can 'feed them'

Well, good luck on your new adventure and get some pictures posted!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome - Like you, I also have a 68 XR-7. I bought the car back in the begining of May, and now 4 months, and $9,000 later - it has just a few more weeks till it's all done! Great to have another one in here and I'm looking forward to hearing how the progress is coming. - Chad

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good find!

Again, congratulations - I'm a tad envious. My XR7 was downright nasty looking when I first got it. Good pics too. Is that location near East Burnside or further up?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx! Don't be fooled by those pics too much. She's seen better days and is in need of some work inside and out but I'm happy with the overall condition.

I see you know the Portland area well. Yes, that area is near E. Burnside on the SE side. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts