1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I've been sharing time there since Logan left. Glad to see more people there lately ! Both sites are great !

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I like the "MercuryDon" name!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I asked admin if they could change my name here, but never got a response. that was months ago.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hmm. I guess I need to sign up over there.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Bill has a real nice site. I'm glad to see more people there too. And...wait for it..........The Ride Of The Month and many new forum sections. Giggity.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I updated my user name for the CCC. I use "427XR7". I plan on selling my '67. The Times They Are a Changin'.

-Bob Dylan

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bill has a real nice site. I'm glad to see more people there too. And...wait for it..........The Ride Of The Month and many new forum sections. Giggity.
Agreed. Stay current or fade into obscurity. If the ownership doesn't seem to care, so too will the membership soon after.

The writing is on the wall.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hmmm, won't let me register on the forums. It say's my email address is already being used. :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
That probably means the you are already registered and have forgotten. I do things like that all the time. Just try to login as a member and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
No place to login/out on the home page. If I use my login name it say's I can't use the same one on the forums. I go to register on the forums with something different and it say's my email address is already being used. Tom, I'm quite familar with the CRS syndrome, I live with it every day. Hahahaha

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jon, I see what you mean. I have been a member for quite a while and never had a problem with the forums. It looks like they have changed something because now you need to register on the forum with a different login from the main page but, like you, I can't find a place to login. Maybe Bill Basore will clear it up.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
We eliminated the log in for the main site, so no need to log in to read stuff there or even down load documents etc. So the only place you need to log in is on the forums and the log in is at the top of the forums home page. The login is at the far right side of the blue box with the Board index.

Jon, we took a look at things and we think there might have been a data base error or something. The simplest fix was to delete what was there and to ask you to start over.

Also, after you register, an email is sent to try to verify that you are human, and not a spam bot. You have to respond to a link in the email to complete registration. Some times the email may get sorted into your junk mail so you might have to look for it there.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Thanks Bill, right now I'm sipping on a Grand Marnier and I don't want that to be a factor of my ignorance.
( I try to keep that and my ignorance seperate )

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bills got a great site over there and since the force from the dark side has been growing strong here I find I am spending 75% of my time at the other and happy to see others following.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've found that the ads and the very slow load/response time is just plain stupid.
We've seen the start of a great site (Steve & Gary's) grow and become the greatest ever yet to be matched.
Then the times changed again. Logan started this site and it was awsome w/ interaction between members. Sadly times changed again. Now we endure ads everywhere...

Well I'm enjoying the growth of a infant site, and have started a story there of my lastest rescue. A road trip to pick up a 1968 XR-7 GT.
DSCF0068.JPG
This place is great, but it has really suffered since the switch. I give Bob all the cudos for all he is doing and has done!

I do hope somehow our voices and activity show what we are all about, now that we see what "they are all about"....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...I give Bob all the cudos for all he is doing and has done!
Thanks Bill, I appreciate that.

I do hope somehow our voices and activity show what we are all about, now that we see what "they are all about"....
The question is show to whom? The people who we would like to have see "what we are all about" have already shown (and continue to show) that they are not paying any attention.

I say again, "The writing is on the wall". If there continues to be no evidence of a change in "their choice", an increasing number of us will make ours.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I agree, Ray. The Site Bill has so masterfully created and tweaked will be the place I want to be. It just seems very natural and predictable that a person who has complete control and the ability and willingness and interest to change for the good of all of us is by far the best way to go. It is the natural course of things-those with the most sincere interest in the Classic Cougar, not the bottom line, are the ones that we are going to flock towards..simple as that!

I reiterate the thanks and kudos to Bob and others who "try" here, but I don't think there is a single soul here that wouldn't welcome what can happen over at the community ;)

We don't need torches and pitchforks, we simply need to go check it out and have some discussion over yonder..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I must not be a very sexy headline writer. There are relatively few "views" of this thread. Anyone else care to try? Maybe put "GT-E" in the title or "Cat of the Month" or both.......

1 - 20 of 51 Posts