Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I figured I needed a car to drive for when I take the front end of the cougar apart. I found this 86 Mustang GT 5.0 w/ 5-spd and T-Tops for $50.00 Registration is good for 2 more months on it even. I figure maybe when I finish the suspension, I'll rob the 5.0 from the mustang, put it in the cougar, and then sell the mustang without it's oats. hehe.

Works for me...
Robert

PS, yes, that's fifty bucks.. not a typo for $500.. hehe
:1poke: sixt9

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it belongs to a friend who bought it new a LONG time ago. I've been hounding him for years that if he ever get's rid of it, I want it. This weekend he's buying a 2002 Mustang Convertible (paying cash, whatta jerk! hehe) and so I finally get the 86 GT. The $50 was just to cover all the paperwork with the DMV. However, last night he said his motherboard fried on his NT File server... I just happened to have one laying under my bed so I took it over, swapped it out and got his system back up and happy. Now the Mustang cost is just a little time and a motherboard that stabbed me everytime I reached under my bed for anything...

WooHoo...
Robert

:1poke: Sixt9

Oh yeah, got to check it out last night.. the motor isn't coming out for the cougar. The car is still in good shape. I'll keep both cars and find another 5.0 and aod donor for the cougar.. :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
sounds like another score he he. hmmm, still want that decklid on the 70??? errr, some rust under the lip, but, well, why dont you come and take a look at it and see if its useable enough?? comp is still down, but ill eventually get any message you send me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you had the comp fixed... call me, I have tons of parts and even a complete system sitting in the closet...

Robert

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's time... it's TIME!!

well, my friend went out and picked up his 2003 Mustang GT Convertible yesterday. Today he's doing the family bbq holiday thing.. tomorrow morning, I pick up my Mustang... woohoo.

Sure, it's not the '66 that I had for my first car, and it's certainly not my 67 cougar... but, free mustang? It's all good.

I'll put some pics on my website tomorrow night to show off the rust.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts