Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we spotted another 67 standard coupe so cheap we cannot pass it up. His-n-Hers maybe? :evil:

we will be picking it up at 10 am, so messing around Im looking at a local parts website, and spot ANOTHER fresh built 289 mild stroker kit and numbers matching and painted baby blue and the rest is all polished aluminum dressing, its sitting on the dyno ready to watch run, for a SMOOOOOOKIN price, o man this weekend is gonna be fun, but I'mma be broke by monday WOO HOO! :flash:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations -- you can never have too many cool cars!

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
o man this weekend is gonna be fun, but I'mma be broke by monday WOO HOO! :flash:
Sounds like you've got the fever. Do me a favor...before you spend all your money this weekend, go to www.cascadecougarclub.com and drop $25 on a club membership. We'd love to have an enthusiastic new member.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We actually made out big time, car is 95% rust free so far, interior is is great shape, dash is sun rotten, front original bench is sweet and everything is there, we were amazed and couldnt hand the guy cash fast enough. $750 bones and we rolled it :evil:

so the vin info is
7f91c554262
65c-1-4a-13a-34-0W

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I listed that car here for all to see when he first listed it. It was also on the WCCC for sale board. Glad to see it go to a good home. As Jeff said, do yourself a favor and join the CCC. Lots of good people and fun. Congratulations on the buy. Pat Price

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o wow i never even saw it on here, i have been workin this price for 2 weeks, and my work paid off well :D yes we'll join, the more local parts sources the better. tryin to find out more 351w info as i know nothing about them.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Wow, guess I should have looked at it. I called the owner and he told me it sat outside so long there was a garden growing in the carpet. I figured the cowls were completely rusted out. I normally go look at most everything but got lazy on this one. Give me a call when you need some parts. I'm only a 20 mile trip south!

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i keep making posts that dont show up, UGH! yes were in covington were close. ok well im looking for a front disk conversion asap. ok im off to porta vallarta in covington for a fishbowl margarita and make fun of keriokie singers. if you get bored ill be the guy in the greasy ballcap :D

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and the one we declined will be going back up any day in lake tapps, but its pretty rusty, and too hammered for $1800

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well its sunday and yep were broke lol. got the car, and just picked up a new carb for it, now we just need exhaust manifolds and dist. to fire it up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts