Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone reading can help me with the wiring colors/pin layout for an XR7 ignition switch connector then I would really appreciate some help. Currently trying to work out how to wire a connector from a standard car to an XR7 harness and without the XR7 schematics it is difficult. HELP! PLEASE!

Also my connector seems to have got overheated at some stage. Are there any suppliers who make new ones? It worked OK when it was last used about 2 weeks ago so I will run with it for now but will replace it ASAP. I have heard it was a problem on the 69 ford/mercury cars with this type of connector.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

* 69 Cougar eliminator clone in the making 351w / fmx

* 99 Rover Mini Cooper Sports

* 01 BMW 330dse

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Switch wires

Your right the connector had problems. The replacement connector should be avail from most Cougar or even Mustang shops. I have the original instruction sheet on installing the replacement connector, but my scanner isn't hooked up.
Hopefully someone has the schematic's in digital. One other suggestion is the original shop manuals are on cd (avail on E-Bay)

Hope this helps.

Cougar Bill

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all who posted replies. Someone already mailed me the schematic, so I should be able to get her running again now. I will go in search of a new connector on the web as well.

Happy new year!

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Just purchased ignition switch and tail from Autokrafters. It is listed in their on-line catalogue.

SW1054 IGNITION SWITCH 1 18.95

www.autokrafters.com

click on shop | click on order by part number | enter SW1054 in search box and search for part | click on available details to see if this is the paret you need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts