Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and why? i think 67 being the first year is very cool, but i like the side markewrs on 68, and i hear the steering column telescopes or adjusts?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Umm, well, let's see, does my moniker give away my sentiments? :buck: '69 was the first convertible model.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Fatcougar I think you are talking about the collasping steering column, which was a new safety option in 68.

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ITS OFFICIAL, your stuck with us! We just committed to a 67, our first cat so we get it later today, woo hoo! the guy has all new parts stacked in boxes so to go shopping we only need to go to the garage and shop, how cool is that!

View attachment 24450

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Congrats big time. I was going to recommend a 68 but all 3 years have their benefits. One thing though, I think the decor package in all 3 years really enhances the interior look big time. The base base interior is very mustangish and well..... that's just bad!! Good luck and looking forward to updates!!! Cheers
Z

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first work of order, get a headliner kit so windows can go back in! good source? thats one of the few parts we dont get with it

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
and why? i think 67 being the first year is very cool, but i like the side markewrs on 68, and i hear the steering column telescopes or adjusts?
I think that's the one that has a steering column that (is more likely to) enter your chest and kill you in some accidents.

My choice of 67, 68, or 69 would be a 1970

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
One thing though, I think the decor package in all 3 years really enhances the interior look big time. The base base interior is very mustangish and well..... that's just bad!!
If I remember right, the standard interior for 67 Cougars was actually the same as the "decor" level in 68. The "standard" level was added for 68.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
If I remember right, the standard interior for 67 Cougars was actually the same as the "decor" level in 68. The "standard" level was added for 68.
That would be correct and the trim code for the standard in 68-69 (and actually for 70-71 also) would start with a 1 for the bucket seats. John

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That would be correct and the trim code for the standard in 68-69 (and actually for 70-71 also) would start with a 1 for the bucket seats. John
For a 1970 if you have the white standard seats they are code AA, I think 1969 also starts with A if the seats are white standard followed by the secondary color.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
For a 1970 if you have the white standard seats they are code AA, I think 1969 also starts with A if the seats are white standard followed by the secondary color.
OK, thanks for the additional info Dave. CBTNs, didn't list the 1st A for '70 for the interior codes and I didn't notice the A for '69 at the time of my 1st post. John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts