Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to find some Idiot in a VW stuck in my back yard. Says he thought he was following a road. Guy had it really buried. He called a flat bed tow truck that attempted to turn around in my neighbors yard and got off the DG and also got stuck up to its axle so a big rig truck was called to get it out. It took my other neighbor with his old Ford tractor and me with a shovel, a come-along and some scraps wood to get the VW out. Still not sure how the guy could think my back yard was a road ! All I could think of to say when all was said and done was "Here's Your Sign" !

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Ouch! Perhaps this person had fallen asleep while driving and dreamed of following the road. Good that no other people were injured. Hope your yard's not too torn up.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I did a search and he is on the VW forum right now bragging about his "backyard find". Did he try to buy anything from you yet?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
wow. people use your vehicle for target practice if you do that in these parts, provided you ain't kin.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I did a search and he is on the VW forum right now bragging about his "backyard find". Did he try to buy anything from you yet?
Amazing Don! Gives new meaning to the phrase "It's a small world"!!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I didn't show him my cars which most are garaged. My 70 Javelin is out but covered and the 69 S code is in the carport. He might have gotten a quick look through the small people door in my garage when I was getting the come-a-long.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don, Can you link to his post? I' like to see what he posted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lets see some pics of the carnage!!

and your garage! Holy fak!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'd like to know how he thought your backyard was the road too!

On Halloween morning I had a fall asleep driver total my parked car, my yard and then knock down a telephone pole. Trick or treat! LOL. What a mess.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the driver, he was following directions his girlfreind was giving him. "Go to the end of the street and turn right". I live at the end of a dirt road and have a fair weather drive up the fence line between my property and a flood control channel. He mistook this drive ( Just two lines of no vegetation from my use over a clay base) as a road. Once he came face to face with a dirt pile left from when I had new leachlines put in, he decided to turn around. stopping was not a good thing to do in clay since it has been raining here for days ! Did I say this happened at 4am... I at first was a bit pissed, but quickly decided it was just too funny.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
4 AM! Don, where was your 12 ga. pump shotgun? I would not have shot them, but they sure would have needed to change their underclothes after I fired off a few rounds and scared the crap out of them.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You get jail time here for firing a gun in city limits. Now if I had caught them in my garage that would be a different story !

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I've been to your house and I know your drive to your back yard, what a retard that dude musta been! GLad you could chuckle about it!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zoli, He didn't go down the drive. He went all the way past my house to the channel and then turned right where there has never been any DG. Because it is easier I go out that way rather than turn around when the ground isn't wet so it shows some use. How anyone could mistake it for a road I do not know. In addition he had to drive thru a large puddle of muddy water at the end of the road to get there. That puddle would have scared me off.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
wow. people use your vehicle for target practice if you do that in these parts, provided you ain't kin.
Hmmmmmm; more and more, I'm starting to think North Carolina isn't that far removed from southern Arizona! On th other hand, my kid and her husband have some less than complimentary things to say about the drivers in their part of the state - something about "If somebody is driving down the road with his turn signal blinking, that just means it was like that when he/she bought the car." We only get that in the winter down here; and they're almost 100% out-of-state plates.

But yes, if said driver gets lost and wanders into somebody's back yard at 4AM in friendly Yuma; he's gonna first meet Cujo -whether "Cujo" is a Rottie, Chihuahua or Jack Russell Terrier- and then will be offered the opportunity to closely scrutinize the loud end of something from Winchester, Remington, Browning or Mossberg. Maybe something from Messrs. Smith and Wesson, or one of John Browning's offerings originally produced by Colt; but usually it's something in a 12 bore.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I'll take a Mossberg 500 with pistol grip please.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Don, You shoulda took away his GPS/Booze/Glasses - probably one or all that got him there in the first place! LOL At least tell him where the nearest eye doctor is, and good old fashioned paper map of the area!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've been to your house and I know your drive to your back yard, what a retard that dude musta been! GLad you could chuckle about it!
You let Zoli on your property? On purpose? LOL!
Hiya Z. How's things?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Todd?????????????/ You are alive?????!!!!! Doing well my friend. Dealing with lots and lots and lots of rain but all is well. How are you and the family doing? Wht you not representing here on MC.net much?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This may be hard to believe but I found Zoli and his wife to be very nice people...I know I may have been snookered... If so they did a very good job of it...LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts