Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble identifying the carburetor in my 69 XR-7 351W. The carb is a two barrel and has Holley 9574D printed in black on the front face. Stamped in the body is List 7508-1 with 1302 below that.
The 69 shop manuals only mention a 4 barrel Holley and searches for 7508 and 9574 on the Holley website are turning up nothing. I'm looking to rebuild it as the accelerator pump is leaking.

Any help in locating the model would be appreciated. Is it possible this holley carb is not original equipment? The card is very original. Would appreciate recommendation on what to replace it with if I buy new and cannot locate a rebuild kit for this unit.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
That is a replacement carb for the Autolite the car came with. The list number is what you should use to obtain correct parts for it (if you elect to repair it).

My car had a Holley Autolite 2V replacement on it as well but since my car was underwater, it was shot.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Underwater????
Yes Dylan, my 'vert is named Isabel after the 2003 hurricane that blew up into the Chesapeake Bay, landing her underwater up over the windshield. The rest is as they say, history. Just under 7 years bringing her back to her current glory and earning me the title of East Coast Idiot (ECI) in the process.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress... :buck:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had no idea! Sorry to hijack. I guess that's what I get for skipping the first half of your build thread!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Yeah Bob gives new meaning to being underwater in a project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts