Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know I'm new here but I've been reading and learning. Three weeks ago I bought a 1970 XR-7 Medium Ivy Green with white vinyl top and white interior. I will create a more formal post introducing myself and my car later.

My credentials are below :) :
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294365/1970-ford-mustang

So here was my idea, I was on youtube yesterday looking up something and came across somebody who plastidipped chrome wheels. They looked awesome. It's totally removable if you don't like it or want to go back to chrome. It is a rubber compound so it should fill in the pits in the pot metal of the bezels as well. That's the route I'm taking after the horror stories I've heard about powdercoating them. You can also clearcoat them if you want. Pretty cheap alternative and wanted to see if anyone has any advice against doing it...or if you have done it I would love to see pictures.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Dunno, the tail light lenses fit pretty snuggly. How thick is the dip?

·
Registered
389 Posts
it can be pretty thinly applied.... some people over on the GMC yukon forums have done their front grille emblems in it and it looks good, and holds up well. im trying to figure out whats best to restore mine...i have two sets of tail lights so i could experiment and fail once but i would rather not. i even thought on mine about getting rid of the black alltogether and make it all shiny....wondering how that would look...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts