1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
885 Posts
That doesn't look like it came out of a '70 Cougar, or any other year Cougar for that matter. What does your bench seat look like, Steve?

Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
dont know if its out of a mustang either
thanks
pat

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cougar Bench

THat was the bench seat out of my cougar..the car in the back ground. It was reupolstered as you can tell...but it came out of (unbolted it) from the cougar convertible. Unfortunately The Door sticker was all scratched up from paint removal, but i do have the vin if somebody can decode it and come up with the rest of the options to verify interior. By the way ..its still for sale. And it is a FORD seat from 69-70 mustang cougars

Todd

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
what coicidence
the owner of the seat is a member here lol.. cool deal
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
DOH...
coincidence..

·
Registered
488 Posts
yes, as has already been noted it is a 69 that has been redone and missing the armrest. the 67 seats do not have headrests or seat back latches, the 68 seats have seat back latches but no headrests (unless it has the two post accessory headrests), the 69 seat has the seat back latches and the flat blade style headrests, and there were no 1970 bench seats. hawkrod

·
Registered
341 Posts
Im glad that this mystery bench seat is such a hot topic, however im more curious if there are any takers??...I need to sell this or trade it or ?? I need the space and besides...i got some killer xr7 buckets out of a cougar at the junk yard.

Todd

·
Registered
885 Posts
Todd,

You should Ebay the seat. You're bound to find a taker there.

Steve C.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
coool to know. the headrests look like the ones on my 69 but the pattern really threw me off. isnt the same as the 67's and i wasnt aware of the 68 had a pattern like that. all cool to know. im sure it will sell on Ebay and if i was closer to San Jose, id be there already. just cant pick it up and too poor to manage the shipping. D'oh

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Steve
Get it for the '69. It would be so cool to have a bench seat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
steve,
now theres a thought, buy it for the 69 and have it reupholstered to match the 69 interior .. theres your bench seat 69..
thanks
pat

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i already have a presentable bench seat though lol. i could have that reupholstered to match the 69s interior. only thing is that it would be a low back. no biggie. the 67s bench is a hell of alot more comfy than the 69s seats anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts