Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been looking for some wheels lately and i havent found much that i wanted. i originally wanted some plain steel 15 inch wheels, but aside from factory ones that i cant seem to find in the width i want, nobody seems to have them. i went to the local wheel and tire shop and they had similar ones, but not what i wanted. id like to keep my hubcaps too but i cant find many non-oem ones that will keep those. anyone know where i can get some 15x7 steel wheels that will keep my dog dish hubcaps?? if not, anyone have the ummm i forget what they are called, the GT style wheels? ill post a pic as soon as i can if anyone knows of any for sale. id rather not buy new, as id like to keep the costs down. ( still gotta buy tires ) i know Mike Brown has some on his XR7 Hdtp. lemme get a decent pic

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Steve,
I have had several sets of that wheel. The hub cap is not like your dog dish. Your dog dish cxaps will not work on them. I thought somr mid size fords in the mid 70s had 15X7 steel wheels. You may want to look for torino, eletes montiegos or BIG Cougars from 76 to 79 to see what you find.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
wheels

Steve
try looking on old crown vic police cars that had the cheap center caps.I know they were 15 inch ,i had a pair on the back of my cougar when i was 1st driving it,try looking in like 1989 n up crown vic`s they may be just the right size for ya but you can also go w/ the style on marks old SS.
just a thought you may like to try
thanks
pat
1970 stansdard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its worth a shot... guess ill hit the junk this weekend and see what i find

1 - 5 of 5 Posts