Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new White car would be perfect inside if not for a couple of tears in the vinyl. I am thinking I should embrace my past-life (was a sheep farmer as a kid and spent a year in New Zealand) and get me some nice Sheepskin seat covers. The right color would look really nice with the Saddle Interior. And they make vinyl much more comfy. I can't beleive I'm asking this. Every time I see 'em on cars I seem to chuckle, but they have some merit!

Anybody got some good ones to recommend?

thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Gag! Recover the front seats, respray the console, detail the interior and you will add $1500 and passey-bys will not point and laugh...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Brian, I thought you quit smoking that stuff....

·
Registered
389 Posts
they still make those crappy things?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Just use an old blanket, and wear sunglasses so people won't recognize you :lol:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - you know how a sheep smells when it gets wet? --- err wait that didn't come out like it was meant! Anyway, if you get a bit sweaty and sit on them - you soon begin to know what I mean! You don't want to smell that all the way home. Heaven forbid you would forget to roll the windows up and it rains! I never found them to be comfy honestly.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Actually I applaud Brian for having the courage to actually post that. I still think he may have fallen and hit his head but...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I vote for a cheapo pair of fabric seat covers that fit nice until you decide to go ahead and do what Don said.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Apparently, none of your retractors live in Texas, where it has been over 100 degrees for 23 straight days. I would like a real answer to your question as well, just not for my Cougar...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soooo...no good recommendations so far!?

Sheesh, you guys are really opionated about Sheepskins!

I'll have to just dig out a pair from my stock of hides I had tanned over 20 years ago I gess :) All class all the time..

·
Registered
389 Posts
JSV, i live in texas as well and even with it being hot, and having had black leather, tan leather a couple of times, and even back in high school my dad had a ford pickup with red vinyl, even with all that, i wouldnt do sheepskin...that would just feel awful and look awful. BTW, im sending u a PM

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Brian, you could buy a couple of medium sized Prowl T-shirts to put on your seat backs. They have a familiar red GT-E emblazoned on the front.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Brian, you could buy a couple of medium sized Prowl T-shirts to put on your seat backs. They have a familiar red GT-E emblazoned on the front.
Great idea. I've got some extras I could bring down next weekend if that's how you want to proceed, Brian.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Goggle it, California Car Cover might have something, seems they expanded their line to include other auto related items.

I wish you well.

Dale in Indy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts