Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to start planning my first Cougar restoration and I need an education. The first thing that seems pretty obvious is that the wealth of resources that were available for the 3 Mustang restorations I've had done are not available for Cougars. So here are some basic questions to get me started:

1.) What parts are readily available for '68 Cougars and which suppliers have the best track record and inventory?

2.) Which parts are least available and how have most of you obtained those parts?

3.) Who are the best sources for refurbishing original parts that are better off left on the car but need to be brought back to life (i.e., deluxe door panels, woodgrain steering wheels, etc.

4.) What are the "bibles" for Cougar owners? Examples from the Mustang world include the Mustang Recognition Guide and How To Restore A Classic Mustang.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Join The Classic Cougar Network and you will find all the help and information you will ever need to restore your cat. http://www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com
Costs $12.00 but worth at least $10,000,000

:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
XR-7 Info

.) What parts are readily available for '68 Cougars and which suppliers have the best track record and inventory? they all available.you just have to find them. west coast classic cougars 503-463-1130 and john's classic cougars 616-396-0366 ask for john there the main i use.

2.) Which parts are least available and how have most of you obtained those parts? center consoles and the light the goes under the console that marks( lights up) P R N D 1 2 .the internet.

3.) Who are the best sources for refurbishing original parts that are better off left on the car but need to be brought back to life (i.e., deluxe door panels, woodgrain steering wheels, etc. ?????????????

4.) What are the "bibles" for Cougar owners? Examples from the Mustang world include the Mustang Recognition Guide and How To Restore A Classic Mustang FAXONBOOKS are good to

1 - 3 of 3 Posts