Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions. This is Esmerelda's little sister, a 351W 4V (M Code) 1969 XR7 convertible.

DSCN1217.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
How bout Merelda?

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Pamela .

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Tabitha - and here's why - Wasn't Esmerelda the name of Agnes Moorhead's character on 'Bewitched'?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tabitha is a good one, but it was taken by my 70 XR7 convertible, which is brown and white (like a tabby cat).

I never realized the Bewitched connection. Maybe I should call this one Samantha.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Tabitha - and here's why - Wasn't Esmerelda the name of Agnes Moorhead's character on 'Bewitched'?
Tabitha's Mothers name was Endora, Esmeralda was an Aunt or something.

How about Penelope or Dharma?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Esmerelda was the Housekeeper starting in 1969. John

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Endora is just way cool because you never hear that one! (wonder how many would remember it from the show?....)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Emerald a` seems fitting.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
For your consideration: "Emma." Relating to the M-code engine.

Or, just "M" - wasn't that the name of someone in James Bond films?
Good job Rob! In fact I'd say a lot of very good suggestions indeed (except perhaps for mine!).

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Ohhh - yeah mmmm - I like naughty!

Wait a minute, how come were all assuming it's female...? Maybe it's a Tom cat...? ;>)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
You guys are the best. I love this list. Serena, Emerelda, Emma, Endora, Dharma, Penelope. Great suggestions.

ALL my Cougar convertibles have had female names. As beautiful as these convertibles are, with those lovely graceful lines and gorgeous "Hips" over the rear wheels, I can't see a masculine name working. Eliminators or hardtops could be male. I had a white XR7 coupe with black interior named Sylvester. My convertibles were Molly, Marilyn, Tabatha and Esmerelda.

Emerelda: too much like Esmerelda.
Endora: Andorra is the country sandwiched between France and Spain. And this car is Esmerelda's little sister, not her mother.
Dharma: too newish-sounding. If I go with a TV-connected name, I'll stick with Bewitched.
Penelope: nice, but it's very English, and since I have lots of English cars, so that doesn't seem right. I also can't help but think of Penelope Pitstop from the Wacky Races.
Serena: nice name, but hardly fitting, since this is not a very serene car (makes too much noise).
I got a PM suggesting Andrea. Pronounced "Ohn-drea" like a Valley Girl might, or like the name of the song by the Sunrays.
Samantha is good.
Emma is my favourite so far. I like the M Code engine connection.

No decision made yet. Please keep the suggestions coming.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Jade...Duh....Look at the color....
All my cars get girls names too...Laura, (69), Esmarelda Josephine, or Emmy Jo(68), and I need to come up with a new name for my 67...

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I call my Cat "the Cougar".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts