Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, my name is garrett i am 17 years old and knew to the sight, my first prodject car is 67' couar, 289 c4, but need a door, not sure if i could save the one on it. im near springfield mo, if any one could help me out with where some parts might be local i would really appriciate it! ....thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was thinking the same thing and was able to pound the huge caved in dents out of my car. You would be surprised what a 2x4, a mallet, and hammering out the seems of the dent with body hammers and a dolly can actually do. I'm a beginner to it and it's really not too hard. Just need a lot of patience and sometimes an extra set of hands.
Check out my thread.
http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?58358-Caved-in-doors-not-as-bad-as-I-thought
I still have a long ways to go to get the doors to look perfect but might save you some money to just try it first and see what happens.
Unless it's all rusted through. I'm lucky and have no rust living in California. Good luck though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got it running...again monday, hoping to start body work this week end. going to try and beet the door out and do some welding, cant make it any worse!..........thanks for the advice, and sweet car!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah this is the same door as in my signature. Has come a long ways. The last picture is where it sits as of last weekend. Will have money for bondo and sand paper this weekend and hopefully will have it perfect and be able to throw my windows back in!
34253_135461973152262_100000653811198_232613_4682811_n.jpg
pass door.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts