Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp: Firstly I need a battery clamp kit to hold that sucker in place and a... hmmmmm i don't know what its offical name would be but the rear courtesy (chrome) dome lamp cover (push in). I don't really care what sort of condition within reason.... some pitting on the chrome but i don't want a cracked lens. Can anyone help??

Many Thanks

Stu - :D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
what car is this for? and get the battery clamp from any of the parts vendors for around 15.00 and that is for everything i do beleive. and are you talking sail panel courtesy lights?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
DOH!!

Sorry!! :p: it is for my 68 XR7. As for the Courtesy lights i think you call them the sail panels or maybe the roof pillar lights?? The ones almost on the parcel shelf!! I have one but without the other there is a big hole on the one side with a bulb in the middle!! Well i was doing a little tinkering this morning and i have a few more things i need!! The Emergency Flasher knob... i just have a black post sticking out. Oh i have a question.... is there anyway of fixing the turn signal component?? The peice that holds the component in place when i signal right has broken off?? Do i have to replace the whole thing??? If so i need the turn signal, emergency flasher, and horn components out of the steering column with the complete harness so i can just swap it out and plug the new one in!! Anyone have any of these??

Many Thanks

Stu - :D

I saw a 67/68 cougar parked this morning but was running a little late for work so couldn't stop!! I am soooooo annoyed, damn it!! :angryfi: I don't see many other cougars around here, infact i have only ever seen one other 67/68 Cougar ever and that time i couldn't stop either!! So that makes 2!! YAY!!! It is funny i have never touched another Cougar apart from mine now how is that for devotion!! My Kitty gets so lonely i might have to by her a friend!! Well i i'll finish this one first i think!! :D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
i think mustangs unlimited has everything your asking for check them out in the vendors section and recieve the free catalouge. they have many comon parts on hand that the cougar and mustang shared. the stuff your asking for it is just better to get new imho and shouldnt cost you that much. to bad you didnt stop its great meating new owners and i turn many onto this site but you know what are they are in so keep an eye open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1968 & 1969 Tilt Column Emergency Flasher knob

It sounds like you have a tilt column in your 1968 XR7. I will bet that there is a phillips head screw holding on a 1/4 inch of black plastic to the switch.

Until now the only option was that 1967 chrome reproduction that doesn't seat correctly on the 68 & 69 tilt turn signal switch. I was so frustrated that the originals broke and there isn't a correct reproduction, that I started making them.

The correct Emergency Flasher knob for tilt and tilt-a-way steering wheels is finally available. Just like part number C8MY-17513-C. The knob has the correct dimple in the top and recess in the bottom. They are listed on the popular auction site under seller ID rmc2005 for immediate purchase by credit card. The pictures are too big to load here.

You can also contact me through this site. Thanks. Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts